The Organisations involved in R & D policy development in Cyprus are the following:
The medium and long term strategic objectives of Cyprus for the Research sector
- Upgrading existing and developing new research infrastructure, allowing high-level research activities in cutting-edge fields to be carried out.
- Further involvement of enterprises in research and innovation activities as well as increasing their contribution to the total R&D spending.
- Increase the number of human capital employed in research.
- Attraction of experienced researchers and scientists from abroad, as a means of utilising their research experience and know-how.
- Encourage the participation of Cypriot organizations in European research programmes, especially in the Seventh EU Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development 2007-2013.
- The promotion of international networking and cooperation.
More on Cyprus National Policy on Research and Development may be found on the webpage of the Planning Bureauís Directorate for Competitiveness and Research.
Research Policies on the European Level may be found at the European EURAXESS Portal.